- Tokyo 2020
- Hall of fame
- Join our mailing list
9 Jun 2022 - 9:30am to 1:00pm
Online via Zoom
Would you like to learn some new skills and provide opportunities for disabled people to get into physical activity and sport and lead active lives?
- Learn about WheelPower and wheelchair sports more widely
- Explore different ways of including disabled people in wheelchair sports
- Develop confidence in working with disabled people
- Learn the basics of sports wheelchair set up and maintenance
Who is the course suitable for?
Are you a teacher, coach or sports student striving to adapt your sports session for wheelchair participants? Then this training is for you. Our knowledgeable Tutor will provide you with ideas on how to engage wheelchair users during your session. Using both theory and practical elements, the tutors will demonstrate how to include a wheelchair user within a non-disabled sports session. You will also learn some basics around wheelchair set-up and maintenance.
This course will enable you to support WheelPower in the delivery of programmes and events as well as other governing bodies, organisations and clubs that provide opportunities for disabled people to participate in wheelchair sport and physical activity.
Thursday: 09:30 - 13:00
- Our training will be online via Zoom
This is a FREE course, but we would be grateful for a charitable donation to support WheelPower's vital work (minimum donation = £1) If you have any problems with making a donation please contact us using the details below.
- The deadline for registration is 5pm Friday 3 June 2022.
- There are a limited number of spaces available so early booking is recommended.
If you have any questions about this course please contact the team via firstname.lastname@example.org