The MKFM Tour de Vale on 19 September 2021
Take part in our popular MKFM Tour de Vale Bike Ride, Buckinghamshire's biggest charity cycling event.
Our glorious routes start and finish at Stoke Mandeville Stadium and will take you out into beautiful countryside of Buckinghamshire and Oxfordshire. Each route includes water stops and is equipped with marshals, first aid and support vehicles for your safety.
Entries will open on 1 April but continue to check our social media channels and our website www.tourdevale.com for updates.
Why take part?
Organised by WheelPower, the MKFM Tour de Vale Charity Bike Ride has raised funds that have transformed the lives of thousands of disabled children and newly injured adults in the last 17 years. As your local charity, WheelPower relies on the tremendous support of fundraisers and the local community. Every pound raised by you will help us continue our vital work at Stoke Mandeville Stadium and beyond.
115k Advanced Ride for experienced cyclists
Start time: 9am - 9.15am club cyclists. 9.15am - 9.30am leisure cyclists
70k Challenge Ride with a few steep hills
Start time: 10am - 10.15am club cyclists. 10.15am - 10.30am leisure cyclists
25k Fun Ride for all the family (capacity of 725 riders)
- 10.30am - 10.45am single cyclists or those without children under 16
- 10.45am - 11am family cyclists with children under 16
- 11am - 11.15am all cyclists
How much does it cost to enter?
Entry to the MKFM Tour de Vale Bike Ride costs:
Children under 16 25K*
Children under 16 70K*
Children under 16 115K*
* All children under 16 must be accompanied by an adult.
Note that all cyclists must wear a cycle helmet.
Get your training started with a warm up ride!
We will be offering a selection of routes during the coming months for you to download in readiness for our ride. Whether it be for pre training or some new routes for you to experience, we hope you enjoy them. Huge thanks to our route planner Peter Robinson for allowing us to share these with you.
1. The first lovely route starts in Stoke Mandeville and takes you through Ellesborough, Great Missenden, Chesham, St Leonards, Halton & Weston Turville. Including a total ascent of 1,594 ft this 28 mile route is perfect to blow away those cobwebs! Why not stop at Café Nero in Chesham for a takeaway coffee before tackling the greatest elevation of 873ft at the 21 mile mark.
2. This 32 mile route takes you through the villages of Cuddington, Chearsley, Ashenden, Quainton, Upper Winchendon and Haddenham. There’s lots of beautiful countryside to see; full description on the route page. A hilly ride with 1667 feet (508m) of ascent.
Keep an eye out over the next few months when we will be sharing more rides to be enjoyed in the Aylesbury Vale.
A look back at past Tour de Vale Bike Rides