Would you like to learn some new skills and support WheelPower in providing opportunities for disabled people to get into physical activity and sport and lead active lives?
- Learn about WheelPower and wheelchair sports more widely
- Explore different ways of including disabled people in wheelchair sports
- Develop confidence of working with disabled people
- Learn the basics of sports wheelchair set up and maintenance
- Develop sports leadership skills in wheelchair sport to lead and assist with delivery
Who is the course suitable for?
Anyone who is looking to support disabled people to be more active. Volunteering in wheelchair sports could involve registering participants at events, through to more active delivery. This course will give you the background and confidence to undertake different roles and support the work of WheelPower and other agencies delivering wheelchair sports.
This course will enable you to support WheelPower in the delivery of programmes and events as well as other governing bodies, organisations and clubs that provide opportunities for disabled people to participate in wheelchair sport and physical activity.
10:30 - 12:30
- For our 17 July training, we will be online via Zoom
For later dates:
- Stoke Mandeville Stadium, Guttmann Road, Stoke Mandeville, Buckinghamshire, HP21 9PP
- There is plenty of accessible parking at the Stadium - make sure you give your vehicle registration number to reception and then parking is free all day
- The Stadium also has accessible toilets and changing facilities