- Tokyo 2020
- Hall of fame
- Join our mailing list
WheelPower aims to transform the lives of disabled children and adults through the provision of sport and physical activity at our facilities at Stoke Mandeville Stadium and throughout the UK.
We are particularly looking for an individual with previous Board experience and expertise in Fundraising.
If you are a strategic leader with experience and support our vision, mission and values, then we look forward to hearing from you to help:
- Chair the Fundraising and Marketing Committee (4 meetings per year)
- help us achieve our fundraising targets for both revenue and capital programmes
- provide leadership as a Trustee (4 meetings per year)
- ensure that the charity is governed well
- set the strategic direction of the charity
- take financial responsibility and safeguard the assets of the organisation
- forge strategic relationships and alliances through effective partnership engagement and transparent communication
- be an advocate and champion for the work of WheelPower, engaging and influencing key decision makers
- provide scrutiny and constructive challenge to the work of WheelPower
How to apply
If you would like to know more about the role, please contact our Chief Executive, Martin McElhatton on 01296 395995 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The appointment will be through an open, skills based recruitment process.
Commitment to equality and diversity
We value diversity throughout our organisation and through our Equality and Diversity Policy we are striving for a diverse Board of Trustees. We are specifically looking to improve ethnic diversity of our board as well as maintaining the gender balance and representation by disabled people.
As well as welcoming applications from everyone, we are therefore particularly keen to encourage candidates from the BAME community to apply.