Hello Summer! Join WheelPower and our instructor Hannah as we relax, unwind, adapt and flow!
Hannah Hunt is a qualified Yoqi & Yoga instructor and we are delighted that she will be returning to our online classes this Summer. Join her for a Qigong Flow session by booking a FREE space through this webpage.
The theme of this class is Late Summer, tuning into the seasonal energy of the earth element. This helps to ground us in the present moment, connecting us to our bodies and nurturing trust in both ourselves and others.
Benefits of Qigong
- Increased self-awareness, good health and well being
- Improves energy, strength & vitality
- Stretch and unwind – good for muscles and tendons
- Improved circulation and blood flow
- Managing spasticity and pain
- Good for digestion and elimination, bladder and bowels, menstruation for women
- Reduces stress and anxiety
- Emotional balance
- Improves mental focus and concentration
What can you expect …
- QiGong means “energy work” and is practiced in order to achieve good health and emotional well being.
The movements are typically soft, gentle and flowing, and are combined with breathwork and mindful awareness.
- Gain strength and flexibility in the body and mind
- Tune into the Late Summer energy and get grounded
- Online Classes are taught seated but you are welcome to practice either seated or standing.
- Qigong is accessible for anybody that would like to learn. Movements are adapted to suit all abilities.
**MORE DATES COMING SOON
11:00 to 11:10 – Welcome and introductions
11:10 to 11:50 – Guided Qigong Flow
11:50 to 12:00 – Q & A opportunity / WheelPower programmes
- Enjoy this class via Zoom from the comfort of your homes.
- Find a warm and comfortable space for your practice where you can be undisturbed
- A laptop/computer or phone to access the class.
- A bottle of water.
- Wear warm and comfortable clothes, which are loose fitting and without any tight seams
Hello and welcome to my new WheelPower Qigong Flow page!
All of my classes are taught seated (I am a T11 Paraplegic / full time wheelchair user) but you are welcome to practice either seated or standing.
QiGong means “energy work” and is practiced in order to achieve good health and emotional well being. Qigong Flow is like a meditation in motion! Movements are typically soft, gentle and flowing, and are combined with breathwork and mindful awareness. The movements adapt very nicely to a seated workout, and as a paraplegic, the practice has been really helpful and has inspired me to share Qigong with others. My aim is to make Qigong accessible for anybody that would like to learn.
My teachings follow the YoQi method and the 6 Phases of Qigong Flow. This is a modern blend of Yoga and Qigong, combining traditional postures and movements with modern methods of sequencing to create flows. This creative method allows freedom of expression, as well as providing a framework to design sequences for specific physical or emotional imbalances.
Our summer qigong series focuses on the Fire element, opening our Hearts to Joy and Compassion. I absolutely love the sunshine, but too much summer sun and intense heat can stress the body. Add in a Spinal Cord Injury and lack of temperature control and a hot summer day can get pretty challenging!
The summer series focuses on releasing heat from the body, purging the heart fire. Too much heat in the body can lead to inflammation, swollen feet and legs, increased risk of pressure sores (if seated all day) and leave us feeling tired and drowsy. The heat can also affect us emotionally – I certainly seem to lose my patience on a hot day. Tempers are short, we can get hot and bothered, angry and frustrated.
The routine begins with fire purification exercises, releasing heat and negative emotions that affect the heart, such as anger and frustration. We then balance our inner fire element using water tonification, followed by circulation flows using an alchemy of fire & water
Come join us, let’s relax, unwind, adapt and flow!
I hope to see you at a class soon,