Join our volunteering team
Thank you for your interest in volunteering for WheelPower – and welcome to this dedicated volunteer area with information on where and how you can get involved with our activities.
What would you like to help with/be involved in? Please see a list of our activities below:
- WheelPower Sports Festival
- WheelPower Inter Spinal Games
- WheelPower National Junior Games
- Tour de Vale
Our fundraising volunteers take on many roles at WheelPower. From organising fundraising events with our staff, to speaking to local groups about the importance of sport and ways to support us.
Our fundraising volunteers are the friendly face of WheelPower in their local communities and they raise awareness about wheelchair sport and most importantly, they help us raise money to enable disabled people to lead fit and active lives..
Benefits of volunteering:
- Meeting new people
- Boosts your CV
- Helping your local community
- Free Event T-shirt
- Free Packed lunch
What happens at the event (this will vary depending on which is selected)
- A variety of sports are on offer, for participants to have a go
- Sessions are led by qualified coaches and their assistants
- Participants take part in competitions (ISUG only) across several sports
- Groups of participants will transition from one sport to another during the day
What to expect from your volunteer experience:
- You’ll be part of a small team of volunteers between 5 – 15 people (*Tour de Vale much bigger team)
- You’ll be involved in a wide range of tasks and activities, from welcoming people to a venue, retrieving run-away tennis balls/shuttlecocks, to name but a few
- You’ll learn new skills such as pumping up sports wheelchair tyres, and how to take wheels on/off, helping set up courts/fields of play
- You will be the ‘face of WheelPower’ and may be asked questions throughout the day. WheelPower staff are there to help you with this, and the sports coaches are best placed to answer sport specific questions
- A warm feeling of helping to deliver an event that has a positive impact on people’s lives!
Next Steps …
Please complete our volunteering registration form below.