Whether you are running the race or taking part in a wheelchair, we are looking for people with their own place in the TCS London Marathon to join Team WheelPower.
As an own place runner, you’ll get the same support from our dedicated events team as those with a charity place. And you can set your own fundraising target!
By clicking on ‘Join the WheelPower team’, you’re telling us that you already have a place in the 2024 London Marathon. WheelPower will not consider you for a charity place.
Whether this will be your first marathon, or you’re a seasoned pro, we’d love for you to join our Team!
“It was always been a BIG dream of mine to run the London Marathon and it was just an amazing experience and one of those things you’ll never forget. The atmosphere and encouragement you get from crowds is so lovely and heart-warmingand I felt extremely privileged to be running the marathon for this fantastic charity." Caroline from Essex
Over the past few years, we have been delighted to support a number of wheelchair users to take part in and complete the London Marathon.
If you are interested in taking part we would love you to join the WheelPower Team and help inspire other disabled people by completing this once in a life time challenge. Contact our Events Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 01296 395995.
"At London Marathon Events we believe that sport and activity should be accessible for all, which is why our dedicated team supports people with a huge range of disabilities – from elite wheelchair athletes to everyday participants – to take part in the TCS London Marathon."
Support for you
Join our team and as well as the chance to help power life saving research, you’ll benefit from:
- a WheelPower running vest
- a fundraising pack full of useful advice to help you take your challenge to the finish line
- fun tools and tips to help with your fundraising, including regular emails to keep you motivated
- a friendly team here to support you
When you sign up, you’ll receive a welcome pack that has everything you need to know about fundraising, including fun ideas and helpful tips. We recommend you break your target down into manageable chunks and create a plan to help you reach your goals. Our friendly team also has some inspirational ideas that will boost your fundraising.
TCS London Mini Marathon Championships
The London marathon is committed to supporting distance running from playground to podium, and the mini marathon is a great place to start your journey!
- The Mini Marathon is completely FREE to enter and all participants will also receive a free t-shirt for taking part! You can use either day chair or racing chair. There is no entry requirement and you don’t need to be classified in athletics or a member of a club.
- All wheelchair participants must be able to self-propel themselves over 2.6K within the time limit of 45 minutes
- Participants must wear a helmet and gloves and can either use a standard, sports or racing chair
- There will be opportunities for athletes to be fully classified before the race, which we would encourage you to do before you apply
For further details on taking part in these categories, please contact Michelle Weltman, the TCS Mini London Marathon Wheelchair and Ambulant/Para Athlete Coordinator, at email@example.com