Thank you for showing an interest in marshaling at the Tour de Vale Charity Bike Ride, taking place on Sunday 9th June 2024.
Marshal’s play a key role in the success of the event and your support is greatly appreciated, in fact our marshals are considered one of the best things about our bike ride!
The role of a marshal is a varied one with responsibilities including:
- Cheer on the cyclists as they go past
- Marshals to point cyclists in the right direction
- Time slot will last around 2-3 hours between the hours of 9:00am – 5:00pm
- Marshals are a point of contact in an emergency – all marshals and cyclists will have WheelPower rescue contact numbers
- In the case of an emergency please call ‘999’ and request the appropriate services
- Do not stop traffic or shout ‘Clear’ – this is the responsibility of the cyclists
- All marshals must wear their high vis jacket at all times
- Please dress appropriately for the weather forecast on the day
- Please take any extra food, drink or medication you might need with you on the day
- Please take a chair of some sort if you will need to sit down during your time slot
Please complete the below form and a member of the team will be in contact with you in due course.