WheelPower's Feel Inspired Primary Sports Camps are a great way for young people aged 5-11 with a disability to discover sport in a safe, welcoming and friendly environment and all activity is adapted to suit your abilities. The Camps are a great way to make new friends, improve your health and have fun!
- Wednesday 05 February 2020
- Registration is from 09.30am on Wednesday and the camp will finish at approximately 3.00pm.
- The camp will be held at Stoke Mandeville Stadium, Guttmann Road, Stoke Mandeville, Buckinghamshire, HP21 9PP
- Please keep an eye out for event signage and WheelPower banners.
- The facilities have accessible toilets and changing facilities.
There is plenty of accessible parking at the venue, which is free of charge.
The deadline for registration is Friday 31 January 2020.
Who is the Camp for?
- The Primary Sports Camp is open to children with physical or mild sensory impairments between the ages of five and eleven years old. We shall also accept entry forms from those children who would not traditionally fit within ‘disability sport classification’ such as those with dyspraxia, epilepsy or some form of internal organ dysfunction or absence.
- The aim of this broader definition is to make some form of provision for those children who are unable to ‘fit in’ to mainstream PE/sport provision but who also do not qualify for disability provision.
- Parents/Guardian's/Personal Assistants/Teachers may be asked to assist and support your child at some activities to ensure that they get the best experience possible. They will be required to stay on site throughout the event (there is seating available near the activities as well as in the cafeteria at the venue).
- We are expecting between 50 and 75 children to attend the Camp.
Sports and activities:
- The sports and activities at the Camp include archery, boccia, cricket, table tennis and wheelchair basketball.
- These activities are all about having fun and learning new skills - this may include a small element of competition but this is optional.
- Everyone will be welcomed to take part and the sports and activities will be suitable for you at a level at which you will feel comfortable.
- Each sport will last for approximately 30-minutes but children can go at their own pace and have rests when needed.
- All of our sports coaches are qualified, have DBS checks and have lots of experience of delivering activity to disabled children.
- All children attending can discuss their needs and support with the Event Manager and sport coaches in a safe and private environment before starting an activity.