The Buckinghamshire WheelPower Sports Festival...
The London WheelPower Sports Festival is an inclusive event for anyone over the age of 5 years with a physical disability to discover sport in a safe, welcoming and friendly environment.
Join us in London to TRY wheelchair rugby, golf, table tennis, boccia and tennis! … If you have any questions regarding this event please give us a call on 01296 395995 or email the Sports team via firstname.lastname@example.org
- TBC. Registration is from 9.30am and the festival will finish at approximately 3.00pm.
- Aspire Leisure Centre, Wood Lane, Stanmore, London. There is plenty of free disabled parking at the venue, and the venue also has accessible toilets and changing facilities.
We ask for a minimum donation of £5 to attend this event. With your donation we will continue to support physically disabled people to access sport.
A packed lunch will be provided.
Who is the Festival for?
WheelPower’s Sports Festival is open to anyone with a physical disability, from the age of 5 years to Adult. Please note that activities will be split into appropriate age groups. If any siblings want to attend as well to enable them to take part in the activities together then they are more than welcome – just let us know.
“Coming to the London Sports Festival today has really opened my eyes to so many options that are out there for people like me. As well as playing lots of sport I’ve met loads of great people who I will be staying in touch with afterwards. When you have an injury you think it’s the end of the world and you can’t do various things. But with the support of organisations like WheelPower to reintroduce activities back into your life it can still be amazing and can make such a difference.” Kuldip, 57 from London.
Sports and activities:
- The Festival will include a variety of wheelchair sports. Confirmed sports include: Boccia, Table Tennis, Golf, Tennis and Wheelchair Rugby.
- These activities are all about having fun, learning new skills and receiving coaching – this may include a small element of competition but this is optional.
- Everyone will be welcomed to take part and the sports and activities will be suitable for you at a level at which you will feel comfortable.
- Each sport will last for 40 minutes but people can go at their own pace and have rests when needed.
- All of our sports coaches have lots of experience in delivering activities to people who have different impairments and needs.
- All people attending can discuss their needs and support with the Event Manager and sport coaches in a safe and private environment before starting an activity.
- For some of the sports at the festival you will be required to use your own wheelchair. Please ensure, if applicable, that you bring a chair that you are willing to use in activities at the Festival. WheelPower’s sports wheelchairs will be available for certain sports.
"I had the best day at London Sports Festival trying out so many wheelchair sports. I love sports wheelchairs, they give you so much freedom! Thank you WheelPower for giving me the chance to try so many wheelchair sports I’ve never even thought about trying. I loved it and I can’t wait for the next one!” Chloe, 32 from Weston Super Mare.