Join WheelPower and Ella Archer EVERY Tuesday Morning at 11am for a FREE Online Exercise Class...
WheelPower will be hosting more ‘Learn To’ events in the future so do make sure you are following us on social media and Subscribe to our Newsletter to keep up to date with what we have available.
Come and learn to ski in a safe, welcoming and friendly environment. All adaptive equipment will be provided according to your needs and for your comfort and safety.
Who is the Event for?
- The event is open to anyone 18 and above with a physical disability
Arrive 20 mins before your session
- Session 1: 10.45am-11.45am
- Session 2: 12.00pm-1.00pm
- Session 3: 2.00pm-3.00pm
- Participants are advised to wear warm comfortable sports clothing. Equipment will be provided but the slope is cold!
- This is a FREE event, but participants will be required to pay a £30 deposit to secure their place. This will be refunded after the event.
"Thank you to everyone for an absolutely amazing experience. You are all stars. I felt alive again and I am most definitely thinking about taking up mono skiing. It was so much better than wheelchair rugby!" (Hassan)
"I used to ski religiously all my life and its been great to get back on the slopes today for my first time in a sit ski. It was incredible and I have no words. Its been really good and I think I’m addicted already! I will most definitely be doing it again. It was very scary at the start because you are so out of control but you very quickly get the knack of it and its really really amazing." (Martha, 19 from Kent)
"Its been an absolutely fantastic day and my first time skiing. It definitely got the adrenaline going, I felt the freedom and its just been a really good experience. I would love to come back and get more independent at it. Thank you WheelPower for organising today. You are brilliant at what you do." (Callum from Essex)