The Buckinghamshire WheelPower Sports Festival...
The Wiltshire WheelPower Sports Festival is an inclusive event for anyone over the age of 5 years with a physical disability to discover sport in a safe, welcoming and friendly environment.
… If you have any questions regarding this event please give us a call on 01296 395995 or email the Sports team via email@example.com
**ONLINE BOOKING NOW OPEN**
Registration is from 9.30am and the festival will finish at approximately 3.00pm.
- Tidworth Leisure Centre, Nadder Rd, Tidworth SP9 7QN (Directions)
- There is plenty of free accessible parking on site.
- The venue has accessible toilets and changing facilities.
We ask for a minimum donation of £5 to attend this event. With your donation we will continue to support physically disabled people to access sport.
A packed lunch will be provided.
Who is the Festival for?
WheelPower’s Sports Festival is open to anyone with a physical disability, from the age of 5 years to Adult. Please note that activities will be split into appropriate age groups.
If any siblings want to attend as well to enable them to take part in the activities together then they are more than welcome – just let us know.
"Our son Nathaniel has cerebral palsy and he loves playing sport with other children. He’s loved trying new things that he hasn’t done before, and realising what he can do in a wheelchair. I would absolutely and most definitely recommend the festival to others and it’s been lovely to meet other parents." Nathaniels Family, Colchester
Sports and activities:
- The Festival will include a variety of wheelchair sports.
- These activities are all about having fun, learning new skills and receiving coaching – this may include a small element of competition but this is optional.
- Everyone will be welcomed to take part and the sports and activities will be suitable for you at a level at which you will feel comfortable.
- Each sport will last for 40 minutes but people can go at their own pace and have rests when needed.
- All of our sports coaches have lots of experience in delivering activities to people who have different impairments and needs.
- All people attending can discuss their needs and support with the Event Manager and sport coaches in a safe and private environment before starting an activity.
- For some of the sports at the festival you will be required to use your own wheelchair. Please ensure, if applicable, that you bring a chair that you are willing to use in activities at the Festival. WheelPower’s sports wheelchairs will be available for certain sports.