WheelPower's Get Active events are a great way for adults with a disability to discover sport and physical activity in a safe, welcoming and friendly environment and all activity is adapted to suit your abilities. They are a great way to make new friends, improve your health and have fun!
- Saturday 2 November 2019
- Registration is from 9.15am and the event will finish at approximately 4pm.
- There is plenty of accessible parking at the Stadium - make sure you give your vehicle registration number to reception and then parking is free all day!
- The Stadium also has accessible toilets and changing facilities.
- If you are travelling by public transport please find information here on how to get to Stoke Mandeville Stadium.
- This event is free and lunch will be provided.
- Accommodation, if required, will be available on Friday and Saturday night at the Olympic Lodge, Stoke Mandeville Stadium at an additional cost.
The deadline for registration is Saturday 26 October 2019.
Who is the Get Active event for?
- Get Active events are open to any adult who has a physical or mild sensory impairment.
- If any of the attendees family or friends want to come along as well to enable them to take part in the activities together then they are more than welcome - just let us know. The activities on offer can cater for disabled and non-disabled people.
- We are expecting between 25 and 50 adults to attend the event.
Sports and activities:
- The sports and activities at the event will include traditonal sports such as wheelchair basketball, boccia, bowls, fencing, table games, tennis and zone hockey.
- These activities are all about having fun and learning new skills - this may include a small element of competition but this is optional.
- Everyone will be welcomed to take part and the sports and activities will be suitable for you at a level at which you will feel comfortable.
- Each sport will last for approximately 40-minutes but participants can go at their own pace and have rests when needed.
- All of our sports coaches and activity leaders are qualified, have DBS checks and have lots of experience of delivering activity to disabled people.
- All people attending can discuss their needs and support with the Event Manager and sport coaches in a safe and private environment before starting an activity.
If you want to have a chat and find out more or ask any questions please contact Emily Weller who is the Event Manager at WheelPower on: